Transforming Canada’s natural gas industry through clean technology solutions
NGIF Industry Grant’s Natural Gas Cleantech Competition is a $4.5 million (CAD) call to accelerate clean technology solutions across the natural gas value chain. NGIF is accepting grant funding applications for innovations that have the potential to generate significant environmental and economic performance benefits in the following strategic focus areas:
- Natural Gas GHG Reductions: Emerging technologies on Hydrogen production, distribution and end-use; Renewable Natural Gas (RNG); Methane Mitigation; and Carbon Capture Storage and Utilization to decarbonize the natural gas production, transmission, and distribution network.
- Sustainable Operations: Sustainable operations encompass technologies that can advance operational excellence while improving environmental performance across the natural gas value chain. Focus is on leading technologies in areas such as Natural Gas Production and Recovery; Energy Efficiency (including Natural Gas Heat Pumps); Heat and Power Generation; Waste-heat Utilization; Water Management; Land Reclamation; Emissions Monitoring; and Digital Technologies to improve the efficiency and resiliency of natural gas industry.
- Natural Gas Applications: Innovative technologies, processes, and business models which can create new markets for gas and or increase the share of gas demand through Value-Added products; Fuel-Switching; and Transportation applications.
NGIF invites start-ups and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with solutions that can create value and mitigate environmental impacts in the production, transmission, distribution, and end-use of natural gas in Canada.
NGIF is offering up to $500,000 (CAD) per project, representing as much as 33% of a project’s eligible expenses
The deadline for submitting the Expression of Interest (EOI) is July 08, 2022, at 3:00 pm EST.
How to Apply:
Please review the instructions and requirements in the Applicant Guide for submitting the Expression of Interest. The applicant package will be made available online following the submission of the Registration Form as per Step 1.
Download the Applicant Guide
Applicants must submit the ‘Registration Form’ for the Natural Gas Cleantech Competition using the button below to download the Applicant Guide.
The Applicant Guide includes the following documents:
1. Intake Guidelines Document
2. Eligible Expenses and Cost Document
3. Expression of Interest (EOI) FormRegistration Form
Submit Expression of Interest
Applicants must submit their application by completing the ‘Application Form’ and uploading their completed ‘Expression of Interest’ (EOI). Expression of Interest is accepted in PDF format only. The deadline for submissions is July 08, 2022, at 3:00 pm EST.
Please click “Apply” to initiate the submission process.
If you are having any issues sending your application, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply